This is the mail archive of the gcc@gcc.gnu.org mailing list for the GCC project.


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]
Other format: [Raw text]

Re: Converting GCC to compilation with C++


>>>>> "Joe" == Joe Buck <Joe.Buck@synopsys.COM> writes:

Joe> I think I'll let it go at that, as there's not much use in starting a
Joe> language war just yet.  That can wait until Tom Tromey asks us to accept
Joe> his C++ rewrite of the Java front end, gcjx.
Joe> http://sourceforge.net/projects/gcjx/

I've read this thread with some dismay, since most of the C++ features
people want to reject (templates, MI, exceptions, operator
overloading) are in fact used in gcjx :-/.

I suppose I'll defend their use if and when gcjx is submitted -- I
like to think I have good reasons for most of the uses.  Plus I plan
to rely on the "nobody cares about java" effect :-)

I would say I'm still a couple months away from putting gcjx on a
branch on gcc.gnu.org.  The code for lowering to GENERIC doesn't even
compile yet.

Tom


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]