Re: Converting GCC to compilation with C++

I would oppose the use of any substantial subset of C++ for gcc.
Why? Because I think that projects written in C++ require very
strict control of coding standards and style, and it is very
difficult to see how that kind of management control can be
effectively deployed for a shared development project like
gcc. I do not consider the current situation broken enough
to require this kind of fix.