Re: Converting GCC to compilation with C++

Mark Mitchell:

> Nobody seemed to object with making modifications to the source so that
> it could be compiled
> with a C++ compiler, which is a first step in any event, so I think
> people should feel free to proceed with that.
>
> For now, it looks like we'll stick with ISO C.

So, in the end, is the idea of making the source code compilable
by a C++ compiler -- as opposed to using a subset of C++ -- out
of reach?  Sorry for asking, but I can't have a clear idea -- it
looks like lots of ideas went in.  I would welcome a clear
statement to that effect.

Thanks,

-- Gaby