Re: Advice requested: how big can we be?

 > From: Joe Buck <jbuck at synopsys dot com>
 >
 > On Tue, Sep 16, 2003 at 05:50:32PM +0200, S. Bosscher wrote:
 > > You are going to make it impossible for many people to contribute to
 > > GCC or you'll have to accept that patches will be posted that have
 > > not been tested with Java enabled, and that even fewer people will
 > > be able to produce test results for GCJ.
 >
 > I already skip Java builds and tests most of the time because it is so
 > expensive, and I'm sure that many others do the same.

Some of us have plenty of RAM/swap and would _like_ to build and test
java, but it doesn't work.  I haven't been able to build mainline java
on sparc-sun-solaris2.7 since early Spring and most recently retested
this past week with no luck.

Is there any interest in getting this platform working again?  If so,
I can provide more recent details, if not then well...

--
Kaveh R. Ghazi			ghazi@caip.rutgers.edu