This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Advice requested: how big can we be?
- From: Joe Buck <jbuck at synopsys dot com>
- To: "S. Bosscher" <S dot Bosscher at student dot tudelft dot nl>
- Cc: "'Andrew Haley '" <aph at redhat dot com>, "'gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org '" <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2003 09:02:20 -0700
- Subject: Re: Advice requested: how big can we be?
- References: <4195D82C2DB1D211B9910008C7C9B06F01F3739F@lr0nt3.lr.tudelft.nl>
On Tue, Sep 16, 2003 at 05:50:32PM +0200, S. Bosscher wrote:
> You are going to make it impossible for many people to contribute to GCC or
> you'll have to accept that patches will be posted that have not been tested
> with Java enabled, and that even fewer people will be able to produce test
> results for GCJ.
I already skip Java builds and tests most of the time because it is so
expensive, and I'm sure that many others do the same.