This is the mail archive of the
gcc@gcc.gnu.org
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: New port contribution - picoChip
- From: Steven Bosscher <stevenb at suse dot de>
- To: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Cc: "Giovanni Bajo" <rasky at develer dot com>, "Daniel Towner" <daniel dot towner at picochip dot com>
- Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2005 19:00:49 +0200
- Subject: Re: New port contribution - picoChip
- References: <43259F79.1050202@picochip.com> <09e401c5b7ba$c71ace70$bf03030a@trilan>
On Monday 12 September 2005 18:55, Giovanni Bajo wrote:
> Daniel Towner <daniel.towner@picochip.com> wrote:
> > The linker and assembler used by the port are proprietary, and can't
> > be made publicly available at this point. The port will have to be
> > assembler output only.
>
> I suppose this means that nobody but you will ever be able to run/test your
> backend. If you are fine with this, I don't think anybody will object.
I think people should object. What is the point in having a free
software compiler if e.g. users can't use a complete free toolchain;
or gcc developers not being able to test changes when some patch
needs changes in every port.
Gr.
Steven