Re: New port contribution - picoChip

On 12 Sep 2005, Steven Bosscher gibbered uncontrollably:
> I think people should object.  What is the point in having a free
> software compiler if e.g. users can't use a complete free toolchain;
> or gcc developers not being able to test changes when some patch
> needs changes in every port.

Well, that kills HP-UX and Tru64 and many other targets.

A *lot* of targets don't have free-software linkers, in particular.

--
`One cannot, after all, be expected to read every single word
 of a book whose author one wishes to insult.' --- Richard Dawkins