This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Converting GCC to compilation with C++
- From: Richard Henderson <rth at redhat dot com>
- To: Robert Dewar <dewar at gnat dot com>
- Cc: Joe Buck <Joe dot Buck at synopsys dot COM>, Gabriel Dos Reis <gdr at acm dot org>, Mark Mitchell <mark at codesourcery dot com>, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, nathan at codesourcery dot com
- Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2004 22:31:55 -0700
- Subject: Re: Converting GCC to compilation with C++
- References: <40F2C9D5.email@example.com> <32805.::ffff:firstname.lastname@example.org> <20040712142843.A7657@synopsys.com> <40F34A8D.email@example.com>
On Mon, Jul 12, 2004 at 10:35:57PM -0400, Robert Dewar wrote:
> I would oppose the use of any substantial subset of C++ for gcc.
> Why? Because I think that projects written in C++ require very
> strict control of coding standards and style ...
EVERY project requires this, no matter what language it is written in.
I do not consider this a valid argument.