This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [RFC] Contributing tree-ssa to mainline
- From: Diego Novillo <dnovillo at redhat dot com>
- To: Richard Kenner <kenner at vlsi1 dot ultra dot nyu dot edu>
- Cc: "gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2004 06:13:36 -0500
- Subject: Re: [RFC] Contributing tree-ssa to mainline
- Organization: Red Hat Canada
- References: <10401200425.AA04863@vlsi1.ultra.nyu.edu>
On Mon, 2004-01-19 at 23:25, Richard Kenner wrote:
> The API documentation is published nightly, created directly from the
> source code comments.
> I don't follow. The source code comments within a function describe the
> *implementation* of a function: the API documentation needs to describe
> the *specification* of a function. These are two different things.
I never said the comments were inside each function.
I also never said the documentation was perfect. I want folks outside
the project to offer feedback in the form of bugzilla reports (adding to
PR13756 should suffice).