This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [RFC] Contributing tree-ssa to mainline
- From: Diego Novillo <dnovillo at redhat dot com>
- To: Steven Bosscher <s dot bosscher at student dot tudelft dot nl>
- Cc: Richard Kenner <kenner at vlsi1 dot ultra dot nyu dot edu>, "gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2004 22:19:43 -0500
- Subject: Re: [RFC] Contributing tree-ssa to mainline
- Organization: Red Hat Canada
- References: <10401170258.AA15628@vlsi1.ultra.nyu.edu> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Fri, 2004-01-16 at 22:11, Steven Bosscher wrote:
> On Saturday 17 January 2004 03:58, Richard Kenner wrote:
> > I would agree with you on principle. But nobody is willing/able to
> > update g77, and for Ada, everyone knows Kenner has done some work in
> > this area but it's just not there and hasn't been for four years. So
> > do you think we should wait until someone cares enough to make this
> > transition?
> > I'm curious where the "four years" come from. GNAT has been around
> > for roughly ten years, but work on integrating it with GCC 3 (the only
> > version for which function-at-a-time makes sense) was just starting up
> > about 2.5 years ago.
> The "four years" come from Diego. That much time has past since he
> posted his first experimental tree-ssa patch. I have to admit though
> that no-one could foresee back then what that patch would lead to...
Three years, actually. IIRC, I posted the initial implementation in