This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [RFC] Contributing tree-ssa to mainline
- From: dewar at gnat dot com (Robert Dewar)
- To: dnovillo at redhat dot com, kenner at vlsi1 dot ultra dot nyu dot edu,s dot bosscher at student dot tudelft dot nl
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2004 22:15:50 -0500 (EST)
- Subject: Re: [RFC] Contributing tree-ssa to mainline
> Moore's Law: "Advances in hardware double computing power every 18 months".
> Proebsting's law: "Advances in compiler optimizations double computing
> power every 18 years".
That's actually a fairly optimistic position. I gave a talk at the compiler
conference some years ago on the subject of how successful advanced research
had been in slowing down compilers :-)