This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [RFC] Contributing tree-ssa to mainline
- From: kenner at vlsi1 dot ultra dot nyu dot edu (Richard Kenner)
- To: s dot bosscher at student dot tudelft dot nl
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Fri, 16 Jan 04 21:58:33 EST
- Subject: Re: [RFC] Contributing tree-ssa to mainline
I would agree with you on principle. But nobody is willing/able to
update g77, and for Ada, everyone knows Kenner has done some work in
this area but it's just not there and hasn't been for four years. So
do you think we should wait until someone cares enough to make this
I'm curious where the "four years" come from. GNAT has been around
for roughly ten years, but work on integrating it with GCC 3 (the only
version for which function-at-a-time makes sense) was just starting up
about 2.5 years ago.