Re: Future of gccbug

On Nov 7, 2003, at 3:51 PM, Phil Edwards wrote:

On Fri, Nov 07, 2003 at 09:11:59PM +0100, Gabriel Dos Reis wrote:
gnat-dev@buzco.nyct.net writes:

| I find the mail and WWW interfaces +both+ useful, but it would be nicer
| if bugzilla mail +visibly+ came from bugzilla.

I would add one more whish. Threads managed by bugzilla is painful to
follow: The reason is that it does not keep proper references. The end
result is a "flat" thread where every reply gets paranted by the first
message, instead of the usual thread tree.

Yes, it goes into "Kenner mode" because (the last time I investigated this,
very briefly) keeping track of the References header was a hard problem
for something that wasn't inherently an email client. I think this was
being worked on in the then-current development branch of bugzilla.

Um, I *do* track the references, and it outputs a References and In-Reply-To header.

I'm not sure why your email client ignores it, mine threads them fine now (as does Pine).

I have a question: with previous gntas, I could ask for retreiving a
set of bug reports (with gnat-query) which I can consult later *off-line*.
Is there an equivalent thing with bugzilla? Last-time I tried "query",
it only stores an url, whereas I was asking for "physical" copies of
the reports.

Not that I know of... Dan?

There is an interface that lets you request bug-reports by email, i just never set it up.