Re: Advice requested: how big can we be?

 > From: Jeff Sturm <jsturm@one-point.com>
 >
 > On Tue, 16 Sep 2003, Kaveh R. Ghazi wrote:
 > > Some of us have plenty of RAM/swap and would _like_ to build and test
 > > java, but it doesn't work.  I haven't been able to build mainline java
 > > on sparc-sun-solaris2.7 since early Spring and most recently retested
 > > this past week with no luck.
 > >
 > > Is there any interest in getting this platform working again?  If so,
 > > I can provide more recent details, if not then well...
 >
 > Yes please.  You may have mentioned it before, I don't recall, but 2.7
 > certainly still ought to be supported (I *know* 2.8 works, which is all I
 > currently have).
 > Jeff

Now that my system is back to bootstrapland, I tried it with java
again last night and... it worked.  This must have been fixed recently
because I tried it around two weeks ago and it failed.  It also failed
all summer.  Anyway thanks to whomever got it working.

(Still having several different intermittant parallel build problems.)

		--Kaveh
--
Kaveh R. Ghazi			ghazi@caip.rutgers.edu