This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Advice requested: how big can we be?
- From: "Kaveh R. Ghazi" <ghazi at caip dot rutgers dot edu>
- To: jsturm at one-point dot com
- Cc: S dot Bosscher at student dot tudelft dot nl, aph at redhat dot com, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, jbuck at synopsys dot com
- Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2003 09:43:55 -0400 (EDT)
- Subject: Re: Advice requested: how big can we be?
- References: <Pine.LNX.email@example.com>
> From: Jeff Sturm <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> On Tue, 16 Sep 2003, Kaveh R. Ghazi wrote:
> > Some of us have plenty of RAM/swap and would _like_ to build and test
> > java, but it doesn't work. I haven't been able to build mainline java
> > on sparc-sun-solaris2.7 since early Spring and most recently retested
> > this past week with no luck.
> > Is there any interest in getting this platform working again? If so,
> > I can provide more recent details, if not then well...
> Yes please. You may have mentioned it before, I don't recall, but 2.7
> certainly still ought to be supported (I *know* 2.8 works, which is all I
> currently have).
Now that my system is back to bootstrapland, I tried it with java
again last night and... it worked. This must have been fixed recently
because I tried it around two weeks ago and it failed. It also failed
all summer. Anyway thanks to whomever got it working.
(Still having several different intermittant parallel build problems.)
Kaveh R. Ghazi email@example.com