This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Possible GPL violation?
- From: Joe Buck <Joe dot Buck at synopsys dot com>
- To: frepe at bredband dot net (Fredrik Persson)
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2002 10:16:55 -0700 (PDT)
- Subject: Re: Possible GPL violation?
> There was a post on this list about a year ago, concerning the OpenTV
> SDK Toolchain. Here is a link:
> In short, these people ship software that is derived from gcc and
> related stuff, but it is very, very difficult to get the source code
> from them.
Please see the web page
and if after reading that page you believe there is a violation,
contact the FSF at the address it gives. The FSF vigorously enforces
the GPL on software it owns (such as GCC), though in most cases they just
work with the violator to correct the problem.