From: Bradley Schatz
Sent: 11 May 2001 12:52
To: 'pierre@opentv.com'
Cc: 'license-violation@gnu.org'; 'support@opentv.com';
'marketing@opentv.com'; Thorbjørn Vynne; Nick Ryan
Subject: Availability of source code to GNU Licensed OpenTV SDK tools

Hi Pierre

It is now going on two months since our request for source code to the
GNU Licensed components of the "OpenTV SDK version 2.1.1" for windows.
No action has been taken from OpenTV, Inc., no source has been provided.
I am wondering weather you are aware of your responsibilities towards
distributing a product based on GNU Copylefted source code.

To refresh your memory of your obligations please find the file
"copyright.txt" from the OpenTV SDK 2.1.1 product sold by your company.
The tools that you are required to distribute the source for are
documented in "readme.txt", from the same distribution. These tools are
derived from the packages gcc and make, to which the Free Software
Foundation holds copyright.

In the later file your customers are advised only one method for
obtaining said source code, by email form you.
    The following files are copyright OpenTV and the Free Software
    Foundation.  See copying_fsf.txt for license information.  We will
    distribute source code for these utilities in exchange for our
copying
    cost, provided the request is received any time before three years
    after we stop distributing this software.  Contact
    pierre.willard@opentv.com <mailto:pierre.willard@opentv.com>  if you
want this.

I am copying this email to the copyright holders of gcc and make, as
well as your marketing and support departments, in anticipation of your
willingness to acknowledge the important contribution the free software
community has made, enabling OpenTV to present such a solid product.

Kind Regards,

bradley schatz

solutions architect

_ tripledash /