This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: warning about const multidimensional array as function parameter
- From: Jonathan Wakely <jwakely dot gcc at gmail dot com>
- To: Martin Uecker <uecker at eecs dot berkeley dot edu>
- Cc: Manuel LÃpez-IbÃÃez <lopezibanez at gmail dot com>, gcc Mailing List <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2014 00:05:47 +0100
- Subject: Re: warning about const multidimensional array as function parameter
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAESRpQC0=QFaDNrs2YmzcRHfDw_iiKKwJCLQT=p0Un_ph_=+=A at mail dot gmail dot com> <20141013160138 dot 3a3b0c06 at lemur>
On 14 October 2014 00:01, Martin Uecker wrote:
> Manuel LÃpez-IbÃÃez <firstname.lastname@example.org>:
> Thank you for your quick response.
>> > Could we have an option to turn these warnings off?
>> This will be controlled by a new option in GCC 5.0.
>> For the details and the answer to your other questions, see
> The option '-Wincompatible-pointer-types' would turn of all
> warnings about incompatible pointers. I want a specific options
> to turn of the completely pointless warning about converting
> to pointers to constant arrays, which warns about something
> which is actually completely safe.
It isn't complete safe. http://c-faq.com/ansi/constmismatch.html