This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: How hard would it be to BORG the fixproto stuff?
- To: Zack Weinberg <zackw at Stanford dot EDU>
- Subject: Re: How hard would it be to BORG the fixproto stuff?
- From: Bruce Korb <bkorb at pacbell dot net>
- Date: Fri, 18 May 2001 18:22:48 -0700
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Organization: Home
- References: <3B05A2F8.A78609A5@veritas.com> <20010518171401.D774@stanford.edu>
Zack Weinberg wrote:
> You are suggesting merging fixincludes and fixproto, yes/no?
> I think the idea is sound, but I would rather see the shell script
> components of both programs properly converted to C first. Yeah, it's
> more work, but we've had it demonstrated over and over that shell
> scripts are unportable and fragile compared to C.
Enough more work that I cannot see it happening. :-(
That is why I suggested just wholesale dumping the shell
code into the program. *Then* worry about reworking functionality.
Keep the project simple, it stays doable and it gets done,