Re: How hard would it be to BORG the fixproto stuff?

On Fri, May 18, 2001 at 06:22:48PM -0700, Bruce Korb wrote:
> Zack Weinberg wrote:
> > You are suggesting merging fixincludes and fixproto, yes/no?
>
> Exactly.
>
> > I think the idea is sound, but I would rather see the shell script
> > components of both programs properly converted to C first.  Yeah, it's
> > more work, but we've had it demonstrated over and over that shell
> > scripts are unportable and fragile compared to C.
>
> Enough more work that I cannot see it happening.  :-(
> That is why I suggested just wholesale dumping the shell
> code into the program.  *Then* worry about reworking functionality.
> Keep the project simple, it stays doable and it gets done,
> albeit slowly.

See, I'm worried that once the shell code disappears into the C code
it will be even harder to do _anything_ with than it is right now,
including rework it to not be shell script anymore...

--
zw               "Shouldn't a witch be eccentric?"
                 "I hope not. I've never been good at cackling."