This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: How hard would it be to BORG the fixproto stuff?
- To: Bruce Korb <bkorb at pacbell dot net>
- Subject: Re: How hard would it be to BORG the fixproto stuff?
- From: "Zack Weinberg" <zackw at Stanford dot EDU>
- Date: Fri, 18 May 2001 17:14:01 -0700
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- References: <3B05A2F8.A78609A5@veritas.com>
On Fri, May 18, 2001 at 03:32:24PM -0700, Bruce Korb wrote:
> Hi Zack,
> I think it might be interesting and useful to have a single
> installable program that did all the header cleanup stuff.
You are suggesting merging fixincludes and fixproto, yes/no?
If you are not, I'm not sure what you mean...
I think the idea is sound, but I would rather see the shell script
components of both programs properly converted to C first. Yeah, it's
more work, but we've had it demonstrated over and over that shell
scripts are unportable and fragile compared to C.
zw But the voices in my head are what keeps me sane.
-- Shweta Narayan