This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Merges from release branches to vendor tracking branches
- From: Peter Bergner <bergner at linux dot ibm dot com>
- To: Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2020 12:09:28 -0600
- Subject: Re: Merges from release branches to vendor tracking branches
- References: <20200123102900.GX10088@tucnak>
On 1/23/20 4:29 AM, Jakub Jelinek wrote:
> Just FYI if somebody needs to do something similar, I needed to do a merge
> from origin/releases/gcc-9 to our vendor branch -
> This branch has some extra commits origin/releases/gcc-9 branch doesn't
This is good timing, as I'd like to do the same for our IBM 9 branch
> so it is not a fast forward merge and we have the requirement that
> From-SVN: shouldn't appear in commit logs of new commits.
So I just did "git merge releases/gcc-9" into our branch and I'm not
seeing any From-SVN: in any of the commit messages. Where/how are
you seeing those?