Re: Merges from release branches to vendor tracking branches

On 1/23/20 4:29 AM, Jakub Jelinek wrote:
> Just FYI if somebody needs to do something similar, I needed to do a merge
> from origin/releases/gcc-9 to our vendor branch -
> refs/vendors/redhat/heads/gcc-9-branch
> This branch has some extra commits origin/releases/gcc-9 branch doesn't
> have,

This is good timing, as I'd like to do the same for our IBM 9 branch
refs/vendors/ibm/heads/gcc-9-branch.

> so it is not a fast forward merge and we have the requirement that
> From-SVN: shouldn't appear in commit logs of new commits.

So I just did "git merge releases/gcc-9" into our branch and I'm not
seeing any From-SVN: in any of the commit messages.  Where/how are
you seeing those?

Peter