This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Merges from release branches to vendor tracking branches
- From: Peter Bergner <bergner at linux dot ibm dot com>
- To: Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2020 17:15:00 -0600
- Subject: Re: Merges from release branches to vendor tracking branches
- References: <20200123102900.GX10088@tucnak> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On 1/23/20 12:09 PM, Peter Bergner wrote:
> On 1/23/20 4:29 AM, Jakub Jelinek wrote:
>> so it is not a fast forward merge and we have the requirement that
>> From-SVN: shouldn't appear in commit logs of new commits.
> So I just did "git merge releases/gcc-9" into our branch and I'm not
> seeing any From-SVN: in any of the commit messages. Where/how are
> you seeing those?
Actually, I see them now. I'm not sure what happened before.
So Joseph said these are actually ok on the vendor branches,
but what was the original concern with them being there in the
commit logs? Is it still useful to remove them?