This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Merges from release branches to vendor tracking branches
- From: Joseph Myers <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>
- Cc: <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>, <brobecker at adacore dot com>
- Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2020 16:43:06 +0000
- Subject: Re: Merges from release branches to vendor tracking branches
- Ironport-sdr: Gq8oJuLQB8HpPKjMwVhiv9QvOxjbguxyYDfCE7RPLTaJ9WNXLrHFOYbFsOrACx1w4psS1vKgdC VRs4XlBQlR2a5+aL/QVv596Us84zV0VZVJFnEUb+AjondTUHyhXZJg/OEq8eNKHgr02OyY40lj nV49Dz0xU/6Lj1L8//JrrYZM2QljGPi1C5kfrnY+56OpnX99hDUrVH9dx0I62fOFLJ9BENqXqq E7geBgnzVfN7VNEJDEyWbdIl0GFkSg190po69g8w1kwkmssl076ImedDbJD2h1BponAKr2Ynct YD8=
- Ironport-sdr: jlRFqqKEHhcuCukg1/Kzqf9gV5q46mUnr1rFCky6cgFfN8qffN+pA4K9PIuYdAO9d1Ultietuy Uf7FAI0tHgyQ==
- References: <20200123102900.GX10088@tucnak>
On Thu, 23 Jan 2020, Jakub Jelinek wrote:
> Just FYI if somebody needs to do something similar, I needed to do a merge
> from origin/releases/gcc-9 to our vendor branch -
> This branch has some extra commits origin/releases/gcc-9 branch doesn't
> have, so it is not a fast forward merge and we have the requirement that
> From-SVN: shouldn't appear in commit logs of new commits.
That's only meant to apply to new commits, not those merged in. The call
to check_revision_history (where we inserted the checks for From-SVN) is
conditional on "not commit.pre_existing_p".
Joseph S. Myers