Re: GIT: Monotonically increasing trunk and release branch ids

On Fri, 10 Jan 2020, Jakub Jelinek wrote:

> We'll need to tweak maintainer-scripts/gcc_release in any case.

I now have a conversion of gcc_release to use git.  Once the repository
conversion is done I'll test it for snapshot creation (which can be done
while the converted repository is still read-only), and commit (to master
and GCC 9 and 8 branches) once we open up the converted repository for new
commits.  It's likely however that there will be bugs in the parts of the
code that are only used for releases but not snapshots, which will only
show up when the first releases are built from git.

--
Joseph S. Myers
joseph@codesourcery.com