Re: Unsure about a new warning in mainline

Manuel López-Ibáñez wrote:

By the way, "new" also wrt current 4_2-branch, in the sense that the
latter doesn't emit *any* overflow warning for the snippet in 30465,
with explicit -Wconversion too...

And it does with Wconversion? Wconversion should not emit any overflow warning, that is responsibility of Woverflow.

Of course I meant -Woverflow, just a typo, sorry. In short, in my limited experience, there is no way to convince either 4.1 or 4.2 to emit such warnings for that snippet (on the other hand, current 4.3 emits *two*)

Paolo.