Re: Unsure about a new warning in mainline

On 14/01/07, Paolo Carlini <pcarlini@suse.de> wrote:
Manuel López-Ibáñez wrote:

> You are getting two overflow warnings for the same expression? That
> should not happen (TM). The TREE_OVERFLOW bit should have been noticed
> and prevent giving another warning. Roger, do you agree on this?
>
> Paolo, would you mind opening a bug report for this? I will look at it
> as soon as I can.

Sure. In fact, I was scratching my head about that. To be honest, I'm
still not completely acquainted with the new warning (and I'm
particularly interested because -Wsystem-headers triggers quite a few
from the library...)

New? Woverflow is not new, as far as I know, if was just a bit broken, especially in C++. But in these cases in particular, nothing should have changed since we branched 4.2.

Let me know the PR number please.

Thanks,

Manuel.