This is the mail archive of the gcc@gcc.gnu.org mailing list for the GCC project.


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]
Other format: [Raw text]

Re: Why doesn't combine like volatiles? (volatile_ok again, sorry!)


On Nov 28, 2005, at 11:12 AM, Robert Dewar wrote:
Mike Stump wrote:
I disagree. For example, there is behavior mandated by the Standard for C, such as this, that, reasonably, I think we have to follow. You can argue that we don't have to follow the standard but I'm not just going to listen to you.

Hmm, I guess I misread the standard, I thought it said the effect was undefined.

Only in one direction does the standard make it undefined, as I quoted. I know why they do this, and I am arguing that that latitude should not be used to try and `optimize' things to make them behave differently (such as calling abort for example) in the presence of volatile.



Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]