This is the mail archive of the gcc@gcc.gnu.org mailing list for the GCC project.


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]
Other format: [Raw text]

Re: Why doesn't combine like volatiles? (volatile_ok again, sorry!)


On Nov 28, 2005, at 9:41 AM, Andrew Pinski wrote:
Huh? they are not carefully written at all.  This is why I said what
is GNU C?  Again the language is not written out so it means anything.

So then clearly, since it means anything, we can change gcc to accept pascal instead of C? Right? This is absurd.


If poeple want something defined the way they like it, please write some
documentation that way and post a patch. I could care which way it goes
except right now, we can do anything because it is not that well written
(well it is undocuemented).

I disagree. For example, there is behavior mandated by the Standard for C, such as this, that, reasonably, I think we have to follow. You can argue that we don't have to follow the standard but I'm not just going to listen to you.



Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]