Re: dwarf2 unwinder hacks get my static build going: Bug, or indication of what I'm doing wrong?

On Mon, Nov 21, 2005 at 12:09:08PM -0500, Scott Gilbertson wrote:
> The problem doesn't appear with branch-4.0 (same glibc).  Do you suppose the
> gcc has recently started using some busted glibc feature (busted in my
> old-ish glibc, that is) that wasn't being used before...

Well, a new feature, yes.  Though the patch did get backported to
the 4.0 branch.

2005-09-27  Tom Tromey  <tromey@redhat.com>

        PR libgcj/23367:
        * include/jvm.h (_Jv_FreeMethodCache): Declare.
        * java/lang/natClass.cc (MCACHE_SIZE): Conditional on HAVE_TLS.
        (struct _Jv_mcache): Likewise.
        (method_cache): Likewise.
        (_Jv_FindMethodInCache): Do nothing unless TLS is available.
        (_Jv_AddMethodToCache): Likewise.
        (_Jv_FreeMethodCache): New function.
        * java/lang/natThread.cc (finish_): Call _Jv_FreeMethodCache.
        * aclocal.m4, configure, include/config.h.in: Rebuilt.
        * configure.ac: Invoke GCC_CHECK_TLS.

If you're seeing the difference between the tip of 4.0 and mainline,
perhaps something is going wrong with the 4.0 configure check, such
that this feature isn't being enabled?

> Should I static link with a newer glibc (I'm assuming I can do that without
> changing my system glibc) to see if that fixes the problem?

Yes.

r~