Re: dwarf2 unwinder hacks get my static build going: Bug, or indication of what I'm doing wrong?

> > Looking at the changes to unwind-dw2-fde-glibc.c, I see that the parts
of
> > the code I've shown here were structured differently in the 4.0 branch
> > (which works just fine for me with static builds).  Maybe that's a clue.
>
> Um, I don't see that at all.  I see some minor changes wrt abort,...

Neither do I, now that you mention it.  Sorry about that... I must have been
looking at the wrong files or something.

> I will say that staticly linked linuxthreads tls is known to be
> broken.  Or at least known to me.  I encountered this while doing
> OpenMP work on RHEL3.  The problem I saw doesn't appear with nptl.

# getconf GNU_LIBPTHREAD_VERSION
linuxthreads-0.10

The problem doesn't appear with branch-4.0 (same glibc).  Do you suppose the
gcc has recently started using some busted glibc feature (busted in my
old-ish glibc, that is) that wasn't being used before, or is it a matter of
a bug having appeared in the gcc sources?

Should I static link with a newer glibc (I'm assuming I can do that without
changing my system glibc) to see if that fixes the problem?