This is the mail archive of the gcc@gcc.gnu.org mailing list for the GCC project.


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]
Other format: [Raw text]

Re: diffing directories with merged-as-deleted files?


On Fri, 2005-11-04 at 15:05 +0000, Joern RENNECKE wrote:
> Daniel Berlin wrote:
> 
> >  
> >
> >I did
> >
> >svn co svn+ssh://gcc.gnu.org/svn/gcc/branches/sh-elf-4_1-branch
> >cd sh-elf-4_1-branch
> >svn merge -r106276:106279 svn+ssh://gcc.gnu.org/svn/gcc/trunk .
> >(rev 106276:106279 contains the change that will remove .cvsignore)
> >
> >dberlin@IBM-82ZWS052TEN:/mnt/gccstuff/sh-elf-4_1-branch> svn diff -N
> >  
> >
> It's not the diff against the pristine copy that's the problem, but the 
> diff against mainline.

Uh, but a diff against the pristine copy is the same as a diff against
mainline at that point, since your only differences come from merging
the mainline.

> I've renamed the toplevel dir to gcc (for compatibility with my 
> symlink-building scripts),
> then changed current directory to it.

>  Then I did:
> 
> svn diff --old svn+ssh://amylaar@gcc.gnu.org/svn/gcc/trunk/gcc --new gcc 
> |less
>  

This i can reproduce.
I imagine nobody noticed because, as i've pointed out above, this is a
very roundabout way of doing the same thing regular svn diff will tell
you at that point.
I'm committing a fix now and nominating it for 1.3.x
Thanks!



Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]