Re: Details for svn test repository

On Wed, 9 Feb 2005, Daniel Berlin wrote:

> All of the unlabeled tags/branches really shouldn't be there at all,
> actually. They have nothing in them.
> I plan on excluding them from the final dump (if and when we decide to
> move to subversion).
> I also plan on excluding merge tags

Likewise the old snapshot tags as also being something best found through
looking at the old repository directly if someone wishes to do so?  Is
there a list of the tags proposed to be excluded?  (I could see merge tags
for currently developed branches as being of use to have in the new
repository, though for those for dead branches the old repository should
suffice.)

> > How do I view the history of the changes to versioned properties on a
> > directory?  I can view the properties of an individual revision with svn
> > proplist / svn propget, but svn log on the directory shows changes to the
> > files in the directory and not changes to the properties of the directory
> > itself.
>
> If you add -v it will tell you what paths changed.

So the indication is that, for example, "svn log -v ." in gcc/doc shows
the directory itself as a path that changed in version 55947, implying a
property change, so looking for the directory in the log -v output and
ignoring all the other log entries shows the changes to (the properties
of) a directory itself?

--
Joseph S. Myers               http://www.srcf.ucam.org/~jsm28/gcc/
    jsm@polyomino.org.uk (personal mail)