Re: Details for svn test repository

On Wed, 9 Feb 2005, Daniel Berlin wrote:

> Again, please note that i did not convert all the tags for this test
> repo.
>
> We have >1000 tags.  Of those, all but about 100 are bs tags (ie merging
> tags, unlabeled tags from rtag -F).
> There are also 800 unlabeled branches i deleted in the latest revision
> of the branches subdir, all from rtag -F usage.

Is there a need for a flat tag/branch namespace, or could all these odd
tags go e.g. as subdirectories of tags/unlabeled and branches/unlabeled
when the final conversion is done?

Looking at the test repository, I see .cvsignore files as something that
could be removed after the final move is done, being obsoleted by
svn:ignore properties which have been initialized from the .cvsignore
files.  But I also note the following:

Why is there a nonempty current svn:ignore property on gcc/doc/ when the
.cvsignore file there was removed some time ago?

How do I view the history of the changes to versioned properties on a
directory?  I can view the properties of an individual revision with svn
proplist / svn propget, but svn log on the directory shows changes to the
files in the directory and not changes to the properties of the directory
itself.

--
Joseph S. Myers               http://www.srcf.ucam.org/~jsm28/gcc/
    jsm@polyomino.org.uk (personal mail)