Re: Details for svn test repository

On Thu, 2005-02-10 at 13:02 +0000, Joseph S. Myers wrote:
> On Wed, 9 Feb 2005, Daniel Berlin wrote:
>
> > All of the unlabeled tags/branches really shouldn't be there at all,
> > actually. They have nothing in them.
> > I plan on excluding them from the final dump (if and when we decide to
> > move to subversion).
> > I also plan on excluding merge tags
>
> Likewise the old snapshot tags as also being something best found through
> looking at the old repository directly if someone wishes to do so?  Is
> there a list of the tags proposed to be excluded?  (I could see merge tags
> for currently developed branches as being of use to have in the new
> repository, though for those for dead branches the old repository should
> suffice.)
>
> > > How do I view the history of the changes to versioned properties on a
> > > directory?  I can view the properties of an individual revision with svn
> > > proplist / svn propget, but svn log on the directory shows changes to the
> > > files in the directory and not changes to the properties of the directory
> > > itself.
> >
> > If you add -v it will tell you what paths changed.
>
> So the indication is that, for example, "svn log -v ." in gcc/doc shows
> the directory itself as a path that changed in version 55947, implying a
> property change,
^ on that directory (since files can have properties too)

I don't believe there is a current way to tell that a file's property
changed vs a file's content.  Though that should be easy enough to add
to svn if such a differentiation was wanted.

> so looking for the directory in the log -v output and
> ignoring all the other log entries shows the changes to (the properties
> of) a directory itself?

Right.
We could also request a "property changes only" version of log (plog),
or something, if that is what was wanted.  But it might entail
client/server protocol changes (which are not verboten, but require more
testing to make sure everything fails in a graceful way when not
supported), i'd have to look if that is what you wanted.
Just let me know.