This is the mail archive of the gcc@gcc.gnu.org mailing list for the GCC project.


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]
Other format: [Raw text]

Re: Configuring GCC build: doc patch


On Mon, 26 Jul 2004, Eric Botcazou wrote:

So I should ignore the entries in the docs about sparc64 then. I'll
try that.  At the moment I have a downloaded binary version that
works. but I can't get a binary of binutils-2.15 so I'll probably
not get much chance to try this out for a while.

Binutils 2.15 is broken on Solaris/SPARC. Use binutils 2.14 instead or the Sun tools.

Thank you. I thought I was being particularly inept when I could not build that. (I *wish* it were standard practice to ensure that configure "screams blue murder" on platforms _known_ not to work!)

Thank you again.

-- Eric Botcazou

Hugh


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]