RE: Solaris installation notes

  No, it's never going to be a good interpretation in English, because the
place where the additional recommendation is to be found is "here, in these
instructions", and not "over there, in those instructions", so the word
"where" is inappropriate.

  It's like saying "voila" when you mean "voici", n'est-ce pas?  <g> Pardon
my poor French!

  So I'd suggest a wording for the clause similar to:

"and then proceed as described in the build instructions, in addition to
which ..."

and since it's no longer necessary to specify GNU Make as a solaris-specific
requirement because it's become a general requirement for all targets [*],
I'd write the paragraph as:

"We therefore recommend to use the following sequence of commands to
bootstrap and install GCC:

        % CONFIG_SHELL=/bin/ksh
        % export CONFIG_SHELL

and then proceed as described in the build instructions, in addition to
which you must specify an absolute path to invoke srcdir/configure, rather
than a relative path, to avoid possible bugs that may otherwise occur during
the compilation or installation stages."

    cheers,
      DaveK
[*]  And in fact, http://gcc.gnu.org/install/build.html says "We highly
recommend that GCC be built using GNU make; other versions may work, then
again they might not.", which should be corrected to "We require that GCC be
built using GNU make; other versions may work, then again they might not."