Re: Solaris installation notes

Hi,

I don't know of any reason why an absolute path to srcdir/configure is
required.  I use relative paths all of the time.  Perhaps there is
something about Solaris that requires an absolute path, in which case it
makes sense to put this in the Solaris section.

Yes, 'gmake install' may fail to properly invoke install-sh if a relative path was used at configure time on Solaris. Not sure why, but a robust workaround is to use an absolute path.

Yes, that's exactly what I see, "make install" fails to find "install-sh" at some point.

Back to the original post and the Solaris installation notes:
	[...] proceed as described in the build instructions,
	where we strongly recommend using GNU make and specifying
	an absolute path to invoke srcdir/configure.

Could someone change the Solaris installation notes to something like:
	[...] proceed as described in the build instructions. Specify
	an absolute path to invoke srcdir/configure or "make install"
	will fail.

Dimitri