This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Solaris installation notes
- From: Jim Wilson <wilson at specifixinc dot com>
- To: Dimitri Papadopoulos-Orfanos <papadopo at shfj dot cea dot fr>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2004 17:56:06 -0700
- Subject: Re: Solaris installation notes
- References: <40E15B78.email@example.com>
Dimitri Papadopoulos-Orfanos wrote:
[...] proceed as described in the build instructions,
where we strongly recommend using GNU make and specifying
an absolute path to invoke srcdir/configure.
The Solaris instructions are giving additional recommendations over the
default instructions. The additions are use of GNU make and using an
absolute path to srcdir/configure. The GNU make recommendation is
obsolete, as gcc now requireds GNU make for all targets. I don't know
of any reason why an absolute path to srcdir/configure is required. I
use relative paths all of the time. Perhaps there is something about
Solaris that requires an absolute path, in which case it makes sense to
put this in the Solaris section.
Jim Wilson, GNU Tools Support, http://www.SpecifixInc.com