This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Solaris installation notes
- From: Eric Botcazou <ebotcazou at libertysurf dot fr>
- To: Jim Wilson <wilson at specifixinc dot com>
- Cc: Dimitri Papadopoulos-Orfanos <papadopo at shfj dot cea dot fr>,gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Thu, 1 Jul 2004 08:06:22 +0200
- Subject: Re: Solaris installation notes
- References: <40E15B78.email@example.com> <40E36126.firstname.lastname@example.org>
> I don't know of any reason why an absolute path to srcdir/configure is
> required. I use relative paths all of the time. Perhaps there is
> something about Solaris that requires an absolute path, in which case it
> makes sense to put this in the Solaris section.
Yes, 'gmake install' may fail to properly invoke install-sh if a relative
path was used at configure time on Solaris. Not sure why, but a robust
workaround is to use an absolute path.