Re: Status of for Argonaut ARC port?

Steven Bosscher wrote:
There is no listed maintainer currently, but apparently Rich D'Addio
offered to take that job (though I couldn't actually find a mail
saying so)

Rich D'Addio didn't have FSF paperwork on file when he volunteered. It took some time to get the paperwork and GCC SC approval, and when this stuff was all done he didn't respond to mail telling him he could start maintaining the port. Maybe he lost interest in ARC in the meantime?

I think it would be reasonable to deprecate this in the next release. I don't think we should go straight to removal. We should always have one release with the target deprecated before we delete it.

To deprecate a target, search for enable_obsolete in gcc/config.gcc, and add the target tuple there.