This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: ASM_OUTPUT_WEAK_ALIAS documentation
- From: Jim Wilson <wilson at specifixinc dot com>
- To: "Aaron W. LaFramboise" <aaronavay62 at aaronwl dot com>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2004 17:37:39 -0700
- Subject: Re: ASM_OUTPUT_WEAK_ALIAS documentation
- References: <40E1EF46.firstname.lastname@example.org>
Aaron W. LaFramboise wrote:
I don't understand what ASM_OUTPUT_DEF has to do with anything. Does it
mean ASM_WEAKEN_DECL instead?
A weak alias is something that is both weak and an alias.
ASM_OUTPUT_DEF is used for aliases. ASM_WEAKEN_LABEL is used for weak.
If you have both of these, then there is no need to define
However, some targets have a special directive that needs to be used in
this case, e.g. the ECOFF .weakext directive. These targets have to
Jim Wilson, GNU Tools Support, http://www.SpecifixInc.com