This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Using C++ in gcc (was Re: [RFC] type safe trees)
- From: kenner at vlsi1 dot ultra dot nyu dot edu (Richard Kenner)
- To: paul at codesourcery dot com
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Fri, 25 Jun 04 14:22:52 EDT
- Subject: Re: Using C++ in gcc (was Re: [RFC] type safe trees)
4) Incremental conversion to C++ idioms, where those are prudent.
That sounds like rewriting a significant chunk of code in C++ to me.
No, this a proposal to *require a C++ compiler*, not to invent a
language and convert it to C.