This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Using C++ in gcc (was Re: [RFC] type safe trees)
- From: Diego Novillo <dnovillo at redhat dot com>
- To: Richard Kenner <kenner at vlsi1 dot ultra dot nyu dot edu>
- Cc: Paul Brook <paul at codesourcery dot com>, "gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Fri, 25 Jun 2004 14:49:14 -0400
- Subject: Re: Using C++ in gcc (was Re: [RFC] type safe trees)
- Organization: Red Hat Canada
- References: <10406251822.AA12074@vlsi1.ultra.nyu.edu>
On Fri, 2004-06-25 at 14:22, Richard Kenner wrote:
> 4) Incremental conversion to C++ idioms, where those are prudent.
> That sounds like rewriting a significant chunk of code in C++ to me.
> No, this a proposal to *require a C++ compiler*, not to invent a
> language and convert it to C.
Eh? It's very clear to me that Nathan's intention is to re-write GCC in
C++, incrementally. Something which I find appealing, btw.