This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Using C++ in gcc (was Re: [RFC] type safe trees)
- From: Paul Brook <paul at codesourcery dot com>
- To: kenner at vlsi1 dot ultra dot nyu dot edu (Richard Kenner)
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Fri, 25 Jun 2004 19:17:22 +0100
- Subject: Re: Using C++ in gcc (was Re: [RFC] type safe trees)
- Organization: CodeSourcery
- References: <10406251816.AA11977@vlsi1.ultra.nyu.edu>
On Friday 25 June 2004 19:16, Richard Kenner wrote:
> > (2) Writing gcc in C++ is a better idea than writing it in an
> > invented language of our own that gets turned into C by
> > specially written tools.
> > Sure. But I haven't seen a proposal to write any significant chunk
> > of code in that language, just a data structure description.
> Where in that posting is such a proposal?
4) Incremental conversion to C++ idioms, where those are prudent.
That sounds like rewriting a significant chunk of code in C++ to me.