Perhaps fundamental SSA problem with variable-size types

Now that I'm thinking about it, I don't seem to see any code that makes
dependencies on the sizes, bounds, and positions of types.  These
will be gimplified and the computations to make them will then appear dead.

Am I missing something?

If not, what's the correct way to handle this?