This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
- From: kenner at vlsi1 dot ultra dot nyu dot edu (Richard Kenner)
- To: echristo at redhat dot com
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Sun, 6 Jun 04 15:07:54 EDT
- Subject: Re: c-gimplify.c:gimplify_decl_stmt
> The comments in front of the funciton reference variables inside the
> function, which is wrong.
I don't know that this is "wrong" as long as it's useful. Describing the
algorithm or high level stuff that's needed to understand the function.
No, it's confusing.
Comments *before* the function are supposed to explain the *specification*
of the function, which means what a *caller* of the function needs to know.
Descriptions of variables *within* the function are indeed useful (if
up to date), but they belong inside the function body.