Re: gcc + vector (v4sf) implementation guide

I have set HARD_REGNO_MODE_OK to true for mode == V4SFmode, is that error
caused when this isn't set?  (I thought the error caused by that was
something like "cannot spill to register"?)

Unfortunately I can't upgrade gcc yet (the choice is out of my hands), but I
will request we go to 3.3 asap.

It seems to be a problem with the __attribute__ ((mode(V4SF))) itself,
before I even define any variables with the type.  Maybe there is some
global variable or option I have to enable to use the vector functionality
in gcc 3.2.3?  I've scanned the altivec code and can't see anything.

Anyone got any ideas?

Q-Games, Dylan Cuthbert.
http://www.q-games.com

news:m3fze0xle1.fsf@frogsleap dot quesejoda dot com...