This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: commits with multiple PRs
- From: Richard Earnshaw <rearnsha at arm dot com>
- To: Daniel Berlin <dberlin at dberlin dot org>
- Cc: Richard Earnshaw <rearnsha at arm dot com>, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2004 15:48:20 +0000
- Subject: Re: commits with multiple PRs
- Organization: ARM Ltd.
- Reply-to: Richard dot Earnshaw at arm dot com
> On Jan 27, 2004, at 9:14 AM, Richard Earnshaw wrote:
> > Maybe we should have a limit on the number of PR's that a commit can
> > update... (about 10?)
> We didn't use to, which is why i didn't add a new one when i converted
> the script.
> However, on the bright side, unlike gnats, it took me approximately 3.7
> seconds this morning to remove all 74 of the commit message copies from
> the bugs database.
But it still 'spammed' every single person who had an affected bug report.
Speak for yourself, but I received about 70 copies of that 80k mail; I'm
glad it wasn't over a dialup.
> If people are worried this will happen again, i'm happy to add such a
> Since I can trivially remove them from the database, it might make more
> sense to simply limit the size of messages to gcc-bugs to 50k or
I personally think some sort of limit on the system might be appropriate.
Perhaps both a size limit and a limit on the number of PR's; it all
depends on how inventive you feel...