This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: "Documentation by paper"
- From: kenner at vlsi1 dot ultra dot nyu dot edu (Richard Kenner)
- To: lars dot segerlund at comsys dot se
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Tue, 27 Jan 04 10:50:28 EST
- Subject: Re: "Documentation by paper"
Perhaps the documentation doesn't have to be in the file, but there
has to be some texinfo documentation for it ?
No, I think it has to be in the file. That's the most logical place for it
and the only place that has any hope of being maintained as the file changes.
If we had this describing every file in gccint it would be sooo nice !
Most file do have internal documentation saying what they are doing.