This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: --with-libs busted?
- From: Ian Lance Taylor <ian at wasabisystems dot com>
- To: Jim Wilson <wilson at specifixinc dot com>
- Cc: Daniel Kegel <dank at kegel dot com>, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: 20 Jan 2004 18:18:22 -0500
- Subject: Re: --with-libs busted?
- References: <4005FF1F.firstname.lastname@example.org> <400DB48C.email@example.com>
Jim Wilson <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
> I didn't even realize --with-libs had some support for handling
> multiple directories. It seems pretty pointless to me, since it
> copies them all to the same place.
It was convenient, because I invented --with-libs to build a
cross-compiler to Solaris (or maybe SunOS 4--I can't remember), and
Solaris stores important libraries in both /lib and /usr/lib.
Combining the NFS-mounted directories caused no harm.